Tuesday, November 02, 2004

The long way around

Over the last few week's I've been watching 'The long way around' (Sky 1, Monday 9pm) and dreaming of doing something like what Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman are doing. In case you didn't know it involves travelling from London to New York on Motorbikes. They have set off from London, through Europe and a currently going through Mongolia, it's one of those programs I could just sit and watch all day.

I'm begining to think my Blog is turning into a t.v critique!

The nearest I ever got to what they are both doing is planning to go to Skegness on a bicycle as a teenager but it never happened. Though on reflective thought, travel does change you, I've been to China and that just knocked me for six, Thailand had a similar effect and there's still countries I want to visit.

A close friend of mine is off to Belgium soon, ok it's not far but Belgium is a fascinating little place too, once had a week there with my dad on a British Motorbike rally.

oO(thinks)

Ok perhaps I have had a travel adventure then of Ewan McGregors type, we'll call it 'The little way around' or maybe 'To Belgium for beer and cakes'!

Well I'd best get back to work.........


2 comments:

Pete said...

Forgive me if this is a stupid question...but have you seen Motorcycle Diaries yet? It just came out here in the US and is about Che Guevara's Motorcycle roadtrip through Argentina I believe. Though you might be interested if you haven't heard about it already. Take it easy.

Hobbit's Journal said...

Thanks for that Pete, I have indeed seen it advertised on internet sites here and do intend to buy it.

Cheers!

Jay