Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Cake and kinkyness

I was in London at the weekend, catching up with friends and taking a break from work. It actually felt good being back there, the feel of the place and the buzz it gives me. My friend took me on one of our walks throught London, each time being a different route but always interesting and not touristy. We ended up in Covent Garden and at a coffee bar called 'Coffee, cake and kink' - a very interesting little place indeed.

Black and white photo's and prints adorned the walls, books of all sorts of sexual natures stood erect on shelves, whips were boldly on display and the coffee wasn't too bad either. Thats what I like about London, well cities in particular, the fact there is something for everyone's taste be it museums, coffee house's or seedy alleyways bristling with opulent neon signs. I just love cities, love the real part of a city, down town bars where local congregate, markets and parks where tramps slouch on benches - it's humanity at it's worst but it's humanity as it really is, the stuff of life.

If someone asked me what would I prefer, rolling country fields, quiet meadows or neon blue alleyways where the hustlers whore and the whore's hustle - what would I choose?

Would I prefer a quiet country pub or a vibrant coffee house? would I prefer to listen to a city slickers woes or a country man speculate about the weather?

For now it would have to be cities I guess, there's just so much to explore and when I tire of the pace, then I always have the countryside.

www.coffeecakeandkink.com

1 comment:

pat said...

what on earth are you talking about.
like the countryside ever offered much!
big smoke filled cities - thats what we want.
i shall be popping back to CCK for a coffee and a letch pretty soon i suspect!