Saturday, November 27, 2004

Reality hook

What is it about reality t.v ?

You know its cheesy and a load of pants yet still you watch it. These shows just draw you in slowly until your hopelessly hooked. I must be weak! To reassure myself I claim its helpful for my diploma or it's because I'm into psychology yet the truth is I end up a slave to my square box just to see wannabe's and 'B' list celebs make arses of themselves.

So far this year 'Hell's Kitchen' was my favourite. seeing those celebs under duress was compulsive viewing, evilly laughing when things go wrong or shouting abuse when somebody quits. Do these shows bring out the worst in us?

Then came 'Big Brother', at first I thought they were a bunch of idiots but by the end of the second week I was warming to Ahmed and Victor and the lovely Shell of course (dribble)

Now we have 'I'm a celebrity (nobody) get me out of here' and I find myself tuning in every night to see those celebs suffer! I'm glad Vic Reeves is in there now, a celebrity of epic status!

Whatever I or others think - reality tv is here to stay (muffled cheer)

No comments: