Thursday, November 04, 2004

Why are films these days so....lacking?

On Sunday I went to see Aliens Vs Predator at the local multiplex with a friend. I'd read various negative press reviews previous but I still remained open minded beforehand. In truth its got to be one of the worst films I've seen of late, no real story line or plot, no continuity and certainly no depth. There's a couple of credible actors in there but thats about it, there were just no real redeeming features to save it. I think they've killed any credibility this licence had, it all started to go pear shaped after the second movie 'Aliens'. I won't bore you with any more details suffice to say it's down right dire - avoid.

Prior to seeing this film I'd seen Sky Captain and the world of tomorrow, that wasn't big on a plot line too but at least it looked good and provided some food for thought. It just strikes me that these days we get re-hashed versions of old films, poor remakes and basically a universal lack of originality.

It looks like the only good thing on the horizon is the new Star Wars film, I think the first teaser trailer is out on the 5th Nov, for details check the link below.

www.theforce.net

No comments: