Friday, November 05, 2004

Sympathy for the Devil

As I trudged the familiar road to work I noticed something odd as the houses faded behind me and the trees and fields beckoned, it was the glow of a campfire in the dark distance. I veered off my path, curiosity over coming my pragmatic feelings to ignore it and walk on regardless - I was shocked at what I discovered. Shrouded in a circle of trees that stood silhoutted against the moonlit sky were creatures and beings that defy belief. I warily crept nearer and my eyes widened in shock and astonishment at what was revealed.

Dancing around a plump fat roasting pig on a spit were bare chested satyrs and gobln's whose pale green skin was illuminated by the eerie shimmering flames. There were faeries chasing glowing insects in the cool night air, minotaurs grinning wildly whilst slaking their thirst on flagons of foaming ale. Pixies bowed to naked nymphs before dancing luridly, leprechauns sang and jigged and dryads smiled sardonically - one thing for sure, they all partied wildly.

Then I noticed him, basking in the fire light, the glow reflecting from his crimson chest, horns sprang from his head defying the night air, trinkets adorned his legs and torso. He looked at me directly then, a wry yet warm smile spreading across his comely face, his hand lifted and gestured me over. I suddenly felt compelled to join the throng, shed my inhibitions and join in the perverse merry making, a succubus leaned into kiss me as a buxom vampirette leaned forward to reveal her charms. The distant charismatic red figure began to chuckle in low deep tones, my legs began to go numb, my will deserted me..... I was their's. The wild intoxicating music hypnotised me, drew me further into the wicked circle of pleasure and debauchery.

Then suddenly the track on my mp3 player ended, I jolted alert, back to reality and smiled with relief as I mused...

'I'm going to have to stop listening to 'Sympathy for the Devil' by the Rolling Stones'!!!!

No comments: