Monday, December 13, 2004

Shazza

The nation’s biggest talent show has ended; it leaves a gap in the Saturday night Tv slot that I guess will be hard to replace for a while, well until the next reality show. I think the format of gradually reducing bands week by week ultimately didn’t work and was a bit on an anti climax. To be honest I thought the weakest act won but that is of course my personal opinion. I’ve got to respect Sharon Osbourne for her outburst against the winner Steve Brookstein, unfortunately I think it was her rant that actually swung the public vote in his direction. A lot of what Sharon said was right, I like the way she didn’t play the ego stroking game and said her piece unafraid of public opinion.

Another thing I found puzzling is the crowd would boo at judge Louis Walsh most weeks as he enters, indeed they would for Simon Cowell but the difference is that Simon is in the bracket of classic pantomime villain which we all know crowds really love. loath him or like him, Simon Cowell has that something that keeps us watching, I think there’s something about Mr Cowell we like but don’t want to admit.

Seemingly the losers aren’t losers, we all know G4 will get a contract too and they deserve one. They might not be everybody’s cup of tea but they are versatile and have a good fan base, I think we’ll see Steve release his Christmas single and have some minor success but I think G4 will be the act will longevity.

And as for Sharon Osbourne or ‘Shazza’ – didn’t she look just fab in that outfit?

There’s just something about the more powerful older woman, though it would not be appropriate for me to say what !!!

Ironically Steve's Single is already available for download on the X-factor web site priced 99p. The website also has a video subscription service to watch highlights and it announces the X-factor tour, hhhmm no money making website or spin off's then!?

http://www.xfactor.tv/

No comments: