Wednesday, December 08, 2004

King of the Jungle

The rumble in the jungle is over and Joe Pasquale has been crowned ‘King of the jungle’ in ‘I’m a celebrity get me out of here’ (itv 9pm). He wasn’t my favourite, I thought he was perhaps a little bland at times but on reflection I’m glad he’s won. It show’s the British public have voted for a seemingly regular guy, it’s a victory for Mr Average and personally I like that. The main factor was that Joe was himself, he didn’t sensationalise or hype it up, he didn’t swear, act camp, be a victim or name drop – He was simply Joe Pasquale – mediocre comedian from recent times. Everyone would want a friend like Joe because he has that likeable appeal (squeaky voice aside).

The one thing immediately noticeable was all the celeb’s, has been’s and wannabe’s actually gained from the experience of living rough in the jungle. Oh well, it’s another year till we return. When can we have a dedicated reality tv channel?

1 comment:

pat said...

it should never happen.
they should ban all reality tv and make you watch educational programmes.

although full time reality tv could indeed be called lycos.