Friday, December 03, 2004

Formidable Maiden

After being paid mid week I drifted into town and ultimately into Hmv, not to purchase an over priced cd but to peruse offers etc. I ended up in the rock section and found myself flicking through Iron Maiden cd's, memories of familiar tunes circled in my head as I browsed each cd. I'd once had a decent collection of Iron Maiden on vinyl and now my cd collection of their stuff only consisted of the 'Live after death' cd which I often listen to.

Meanwhile in the shop I stumbled across a collection of their greatest hits called 'Edward the Great' priced at £5.99 so I decided to indulge, mainly so I could listen to it at work on nights and liven the place a little. On listening to the cd it struck me how good they still sound today, fresh, loud and bursting with rock energy. I'm really enjoying listening to it and also chuffed that these guys are still around. They don't appear in the charts these days but then again Legends don't have to...

No comments: