Thursday, August 25, 2005

Whale of a time - NOT

Is it just me or does anyone else out there hate the new cover version of Spark’s ‘This town ain’t big enough for the both of us’ by British Whale? It gives me nausea on hearing it even though I love the original Sparks version. British Whale is of course the new solo project of the spandex simpleton from the Darkness ‘Justin Hawkins’ and for destroying this classic song I’d like to see him hunted and harpooned. I loath the Darkness as a band and sat cringing when they scooped trophies at the Brit awards the other year. Hawkins is now going solo for a while and is sounding like a piss poor Kate Bush crossed with degenerate Aled Jones (ok that’s the best comparison I can do at 5.25am).

Now don’t get me wrong I don’t mind cover versions, the odd one dare I say improves on the original, Siouxsie’s version of Kraftwerk’s ‘Hall of Mirrors’ to name one, incidentally Siouxsie covered the above the above Sparks song well too but I fucking hate Hawkins and what he’s done to my beloved Sparks song. KILL KILL KILL the British Whale !!!

No comments: