Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Stella Street


I recently bought the BBC2 comedy ‘Stella Street’ On dvd. To be fair I’d only ever seen the odd 5 mins of it here and there but it had always made me chuckle. So seeing it for £5 on play.com I decided to give it a go. Having watched it I can honestly say it’s the best comedy I’ve seen in a while even though it has been around for a ages. It has had some excellent reviews and press coverage but it remains much underrated.

Basically the plot revolves around celebrities giving up their Hollywood lifestyle to cohabit on Stella Street which is hidden away in leafy Surbiton, West London. Just Imagine Mick Jagger, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci, David Bowie, Jack Nicholson and the iconic Michael Caine all living together on a suburban street. They aren’t the only celebrities, there’s many more appearances and fictional residents of Stella Street , all done by the amazingly talented John Sessions, Phil Cornwall and the delectable Roni Ancona. The whole dvd made me laugh from beginning to end.

No comments: