Thursday, August 04, 2005

Vote now !

On checking my email at work last night I noticed our head of Personnel had sent a mail enquiring what sort of ‘themed’ Christmas party we would like this year, this mail being sent on August 3rd. It read;

‘With only 143 shopping days to Christmas (and more importantly therefore only 128 days to the Christmas Party!), we really need to be thinking of our theme for this year, so it's VOTING TIME!!’

After an initial wave of nausea because I hate Christmas I began laughing hysterically with disbelief that someone could be so sad as to send a mail like this in high summer. We have to now vote as to what theme we want, such as vicars and tarts, Bond, super heroes etc - I vote we just go and get pissed and eat the free food or not go at all.

Mind you that person is most likely getting 20k plus for doing mails such as that, there’s no wonder morale is so low where I work, you should see her monthly pub quiz ones.

No comments: