Monday, October 24, 2005

Stuff & nonsense ~ 2

Well, as weekends go, mine was pretty poor. You work all week and look forward to your days off and then they turn out crap. Friday the weather was lousy but I risked a soaking and went to the local off licence and got myself a few cans. I caught up with a few friends on msn and even got chatting to legendary blogger Shep who was having some quality time at the end of his week. It ended up being a late night and after a week of little sleep due to the kids being off school and playing football outside my flat I slept soundly. Saturday morning I stumbled out of bed quite early and walked to the newsagents to get a paper and a can of sprite to revive me. I then settled to watch the 'Usual suspects' on dvd that a workmate borrowed me, sadly it didn’t really strike a chord with me, couldn’t fault the acting but the film never really took off in my opinion – I may have to watch Sin City again for the 17th time.

That night I went across to dad’s with Dave my mate, the plan being to have a top night out in the town where my dad lives, it never happened. Firstly Dave was late and began to moan he had a cold, then when we got to dads instead of going out straight away we ended up installing a dvd drive on his pc and installing some new software, by the time we got out it was nearly 9pm and I was quite pissed off.

Dad had promised the landlord in his local a hard drive after he asked if we could get him a free one, as Dave works in an IT job it was no problem, so we took the free hard drive in, only to get a vexed expression in return from the landlord. I asked if it was ok and he shrugged ‘I really meant a pc, but a free one’. You could have knocked me down with a feather, the cheeky beggar!

Anyway, we stopped for beer or two and this large bloke perched at one end the bar started to get aggressive with the landlord, as we looked on at the ensuing scene he turned to us and said ‘what are you looking at !?’ then began to turn his abuse our way, we all kept cool and in due course he wobbled off towards another pub but by then the night was soured.

Instead of staying over at dad’s Dave took his cold home and I ended up taking a walk to a Chinese take away feeling like my one night out in a blue moon had been wasted, oh well !

Sunday, I gave dad a bit of tutoring on his pc before he drove me home, I joked as he dropped me off home that it wasn’t Wembley stadium outside my flat, alas I tempted fate and the little imps returned to play football.

No comments: