Monday, October 24, 2005

Honesty factor

You have to admire the BBC for being honest, I’ve just been browsing their entertainment news section and found an article on the X-Factor, it reads;

‘On Saturday, the show won the ratings war with BBC One's Strictly Come Dancing for the second consecutive week - with an average of 8.1m viewers compared to 7m for the BBC talent contest’

I guess that pretty much sum’s up that the nation are avid reality tv fans and that light entertainment is now firmly in second place. After following a link to another news segment I mentioned that the recent American X-factor pulled in an amazing 31 million viewers for the final back in May of this year.

I’ve always been a fan of reality t.v but my thoughts of late dwell on where it’s actually going to go? Will it become an integral part of today’s telly and remain for good or will the current surge of interest end? Time will tell.

2 comments:

ems said...

Nothing much would possess me to watch either programme. I'm just surprised either of them gained that many viewers.

pat said...

gah - reality tv. bah pants.