Thursday, June 30, 2011

So... What's New?

It's been a month of conflicting emotions combined with highs and lows health wise. Time spent in Nottingham continues to bring issues within society to the forefront of my mind. It's very much an ongoing bitter-sweet experience really.

It's been a fairly quiet month with lots of thinking going on and a fair few weekends staying at home over going out. I've decided to overhaul my often self indulgent diet a bit and go for more fish, pasta, rice and veg and leave bread and other fatty things alone, not easy as I love a good sandwich and like things like cheese.

At the beginning of the month I thought I may have been into something with someone but alas after a period of being really happy and with a spring in my step I don't think it's something that is going to happen. Probably, well mainly because of inflexible stuff, shadows from the past (not on my part) and the fact some people find it hard to compromise really, myself included yet I was really willing to on this one. It's hard when someone comes into your life again and suddenly beams sunshine into it then silly things become issues, issues become silence and silence becomes a wedge that is hard to overcome. I am not without faults of course but I do think when someone special comes along these days it's worth the extra effort. Though I am content being single at times I worry I may become stuck in my ways and when I ask myself do I want to grow old and alone? the resounding answer is no, though I don't fear it either. We've all been hurt in the past but nowadays I don't want to let my past dictate my future, I know others struggle with memories but when you look at good and bad memories which should be the easiest to put in the trash can?

On the plus front I've been planning my new blog site which has a specific subject matter in mind and I've been reading a lot, humanism stuff, existentialism and a generous dollop of fiction too! I've rediscovered what a great little resource my local library really is.

No comments: