Monday, June 06, 2011

Good To See

Last week I was walking for my train when ahead I saw two men holding hands. I was behind them for a good while and I'm pleased to say nobody in Nottingham gave them a second glance. Had it been a smaller provincial town then I'm sure the reaction would have been much different. I mentioned it to my friend Adam who has recently moved to Nottingham and we both came to the conclusion that despite evident problems Nottingham is a very cool multicultural tolerant place. Whilst I am not gay myself I can never get my head around the fact that gay people should be mocked or discriminated at for being who they are, it is wrong on every level. I've always found gay or lesbian people to be warm, genuine, witty, strong in character and never without opinion.

I smiled inside when I saw the two young guys holding hands and its great to see such things in today's society, though sadly not everywhere yet, one day hopefully.

No comments: