Thursday, June 30, 2011

Drew

Last night I went to my local pub for drinks as Drew, a good friend of mine is leaving for pastures new, Pinner in Middlesex to be precise, it's within the M25 but more on the fringe of London.

I can't recall when I met Drew exactly on coming to Newark, he was just there and was very much a presence and personality. He's a charismatic individual with a great enthusiasm for life, we've always had fantastic banter and I guess I've always been the Moriarty to his Sherlock Holmes!

Drew is a fantastically articulate lad and has so many hobbies and interests at times I've lost count or just not listened to the less interesting ones! That said, I wish I was as gifted as he is at a lot of things and his versatility and skills are to be commended, oh and he did build me a cracking PC!

Instant likeability is something many strive for or crave but Drew has it in spades, he's a good all rounder, has a great way with words (though he can't match my wit) and he's definitely a great character that will be greatly missed here. It was good to see the local pub packed with so many friends and family there to say goodbye, though I'm pretty sure we'll see plenty of him in the future. I wish him well and I've no doubt that with his capabilities he'll get on with future adventures with his usual aplomb. It's great that he's doing this, life is all about going off and doing things and and having new experiences.

Drew, I'll miss our banter, I'll fondly remember the whole 'Nooch' escapades and I'll miss the odd coffees and meaningful chats we used to have but you can be sure I'll be coming to see you. All that remains to be said is good luck to you and your lovely partner!

And here is the man himself!


No comments: