Friday, July 21, 2006

Super-Turkey

I went to see the new Superman Returns movie last Sunday and all I can say to people considering it is – avoid. I’ve never been a massive super hero film fan, I did like some of the Batman ones but really didn’t care for much of the rest.

On going to see the movie with my blogging buddy and old work mate Thulsa Doom (yes that’s his real name!!) I wasn’t really expecting much but tried to remain optimistic. To say the film was dire was an understatement, Superman says probably less words than Perry White the editor of the Daily Planet and the plot is thinner than a page of it. Kevin Spacey doesn’t work as arch villain Lex Luther and the rest of the cast contribute very little. To conclude, this movie is more wooden than Sherwood Forest.
Anyway, click on Thulsa Doom's name if you want to pop over to his blog and read more about it, he wasn't keen either but then again he really wanted to see it!
To make matters worse for me, I made the error of wearing an old superman logo t-shirt to which a little girl in the cinema foyer remarked 'that superman isn't very big mummy'. It's moments like that you wish you had superman powers and could fly off. Needless to say I didn't visit the mens room during the film in case any more kids wanted to comment!

1 comment:

Shep said...

I own a huge collection of 'superhero logo' T-Shirts. But now I'm grown-up...OK...maybe not grown-up...but older I've stopped wearing most of them. It was cool to wear them if you worked in a comic shop all day, but outside of this environment...it just looks a bit naff on me. T-Shirts generally are being phased out of the wardrobe in favour of shirts.

If I wear a superhero T-Shirt, I will be accosted by at least one person who will tell me which superhero I have a logo of on my chest.

I already know who the superhero was when I bought the damn thing.