Friday, July 21, 2006

Minx

Well its 4.50am and I can’t sleep, so I’m going to tell you about a new cd of mine that arrived yesterday – because I’ve nothing better to do!

Some time ago I tried to get my hands on Toyah, not the singer but an album of hers, I can only dream of getting my hands on the woman herself……. anyway I digress.

The album in question was called ‘Minx’ and when I searched for it a while back it was only generally available on ebay and on vinyl for an extortionate price. Recently I had noticed Toyah was re-releasing her back catalogue of albums onto cd and kept my fingers crossed that the Minx album would eventually appear. This week I searched Play.com and there it was but out of stock, initially I ordered hoping it would be swiftly back in but then frustrated I decided I couldn’t wait so looked on Amazon and there it was cheaper and widely available. So I cancelled the order on Play.com and placed one with Amazon - two days later I had it.

Minx is a classic slice of the 80’s, released in 1985 it moves away from Toyah’s punky roots and is more mainstream, fitting in with the ever changing fantasy induced hedonistic styles of the mid 80’s era.

Here’s my favourite video from the album, it’s called Don’t Fall in Love (I Said) and is an 80’s gem plus Toyah is wearing latex in it! (time for a cold shower).


Toyah-Don't Fall In Love (I Said)

2 comments:

pat said...

putting this up seems to have burnt you out.

Hobbit's Journal said...

Gracie Jones, don't you mean Grace Jones?