Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Ramsey


I like Gordon Ramsey, some say he's arrogant and aloof, swears far too much but I love the guy, to me he's genuine and not afraid to be vociferous about things he's passionate about. If he doesn't like other chef's - then he says so, if he doesn't like someone in general - he says so. The thing is with Gordon is he has a fervour for what he's doing, he's not some droaning stereotypical chef we've had to put up with before. Outwardly Gordon seems an ogre, inwardly he's empathic. I like his directness, his pragmatic approach and his innate straight talking ability, there's no flowery cuisine talk from him - just flowery language!
I'm no maestro in the kitchen but Gordon creates dishes that are simple but with that touch of flair. Last week he received an OBE and to me it's a deserved one too - well done.
Any one who hasn't caught his new(ish) show called the 'F-word' should check it out, Channel 4 on Wednesday at 9pm. Anyone who can make Cliff Richard say 'F**k' gets top marks in my book, it was a definitive bit of tv history and hilarious to boot!

1 comment:

pat said...

you are just so gay....