Friday, July 21, 2006

Slab Square

On Tuesday after my x-rays at the hospital I decided to make something of the rest of the day, so armed with my trusty camera and a fistful of pain killers I caught the train to Nottingham. Come what may I was going to hobble around and do something rather than be stuck indoors on such a sunny day. At first I was ok but after a while I decided to seek respite with a sit down and go and have a look if the work had been completed on the old market square also known to locals as ‘slab square’ located in the centre of the city, after all it had been fenced off for ages, surely it should be done now?

To my horror it was still boarded off, work started back in October of last year and isn’t going to be completed until November this year, so can I ask why it’s taking over a year to do? I felt sad at not being able to sit in the square and watch the world go by, I’m sure I wasn’t alone either.

Getting curious I decided to ascend the town hall steps and take a peek at the progress and below is a picture of what I saw if you click here you can see how the old market square once looked and how it will look on completion.

Please hurry up!

No comments: