Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Stuff & nonsense ~ 3

Another weekend, another hangover, still it was better than last weekend. Last weekend involved a trip to Tamworth in Staffordshire, not too much of a train journey away from me really. Anyway I won’t go into details about my foray to Tamworth, that’s another story, it did turn out to be a bit surreal though – people aren’t always what they seem.

Anyway back to this weekend. Friday I went to my local and played cards, I lost far too much money and still suffering from the flu had copious quantities of Carlsberg and whiskey for medicinal purposes of course. Saturday began with the hang over from hell that just wouldn’t go. I made an effort to pop into town very early and pay some bills and do a little bit of retail therapy. My friend Dave came around later and we ended up watching Sin City on dvd (that’s about 20 odd times for me). Later that day I popped to see my friend Alen that’s having a hard time getting over his ex, usually I drop into counselling mode and listen to his woes and try to be supportive but as we’d quickly polished off some stella I decided to hit him with a couple of home truths, some straight talking. We ended up down at his local and the no nonsense talk continued, in a way I really empathised with him as my ex has taken some getting over but there comes a time when you have to dust yourself down and make steps forward even though it's emotionally hard. Within no time we were both drunk and putting the world to rights, Later Alen booked a taxi and shortly after that I popped to the gents, saw the taxi waiting and wobbled over;

‘Taxi for Alen?’ the driver nodded and I said ‘that’s’ me’

As the taxi pulled off I slumped in the back with an evil grin knowing poor old Alen would be waiting for the taxi – how mercenary of me.

Sunday passed without event, a spot of video game playing and yet another hangover to contend with, the flat was a pig sty but I just couldn’t be arsed to deal with it. Later I ended up in the pub with Alen again (yes he’d forgiven me) and again had too much to drink, considering I had to be up at 5am to get to work and travel to our Leeds office to do some training with them. I must have reeked of beer sat in the car with my boss. My eyes semi closed with the mundane motorway travel I mused to myself ‘soon be next weekend’.

No comments: