Thursday, November 24, 2005

Gas leak

A work related story I shall share. Where I work we do property maintenance for WH Smiths and their warehouses across the country but the last few days we’ve had a unusual amount of gas leak calls from them.

The reason why was soon discovered.

A recent children’s magazine has been dispatched with a free gift for those rascals out there, the gift being ‘stink bombs’!

Basically the workers in warehouses unaware of the stink bomb free gift attached basically threw the bundles of magazines around thus releasing the pungent odour of the bombs – the result being gas leak panics nationwide, it was the same when the magazine reached the stores too!

3 comments:

ems said...

Serves them bloody right. One stink bomb can cause absolute pandemonium. The teacher in me says ban them.

pat said...

smiths deserve it - total tossers.

never needed stink bombs - had the arse from hell when i was at school.....

ems said...

I'm with you on that one, Pat. Kids never seem to blame the teacher when bad gas hits air. It's generally me but I am apparently above such things.