Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Cursed

I’ve no trouble in meeting and dating the opposite sex but I’m cursed, yes cursed with an affliction of always meeting what turn out to be Bunny Boilers, quirky or just damn strange. I never profess to be an expert on the female psyche, even with qualifications in psychotherapy and psychology but I can safely say women can still be quite unfathomable at times, largely by their own admission too. The thing is I end up (or maybe get drawn to) the odder side of the feminine world.

Why can’t I just find a plain Jane of normal disposition that is chatty, caring and fun?

Far from it, I get the loonies, the ones that seem ok initially then suddenly turn quite bizarre or intense. My back catalogue of female acquaintances reads like a hammer horror script list bar a few sparse exceptions ( I nearly said ‘odd exceptions then !).

Rant over.

3 comments:

Shep said...

Didn't plain Jane (Harris aka 'plain jane superbrain' as Charlene would call her...) leave for Melbourne or somewhere after splitting with Mike and moving out of Mrs Mangel's house...?

I always preferred Bronwyn...

(Down, Bouncer!)

The Blind-Winger Jones said...

Ah yes, the lovely Bronwyn... ;-)

Happy memories indeed.

Isn't Nottingham meant to have tons more women than blokes or something or is that just an urban myth ???

Hobbit's Journal said...

My neighbours fave was Harold Bishops daughter Kerry as her nipples were always sticking out.

Yes Martin they do say Nottingham has double the amount of women and walking around you'd imagine there is, I'm not sure it's a reality or a well propagated myth, I did read some where the female population was higher but not double.... anyway I'm from up the road in Mansfield where the woman are grim!!