Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Radio = Nostalgia



Ah the radio, what memories it can evoke. I’ve just spent some quality time reading other blogs in the wee small hours at work when a song came on the radio that took me right back in time – ah the nostalgia.

The song was called Rock Me Amadeus by Falco.

It reached number one back in May 1986 and I loved it. I recall going to Blackpool in August of that year, I’d not long since become 18 and off I went on a ‘life initiation’ holiday with half a dozen mates. As we pulled into the car park of the holiday chalet park the radio was playing Rock Me Amadeus. Back then I had blonde streaked hair with a centre parting, I wore a slim crimson leather bow tie and pink shirt with matching pink cardigan, how young and naïve I was. The holiday was a heady mix of pubs, girls, night clubs, neon lights, amusement arcades and endless bags of chips. I was young, carefree and new to the world of adult life, to think it was nearly 20 years ago, now I feel old. Maybe I should recline and take a nap in the chair.

No comments: