Friday, June 03, 2005

Taking the Sith

Ok I'm a bit late with this but...
I’ll be honest and say I was a little bit disappointed with the latest Star Wars offering from Mr Lucas. It’s been a boy to man (well hobbit) journey with the Star Wars films for me, from the awe inspiring first film in 1977 to the latest mainly computer generated flick. It really had a disjointed and shoe horned feel for me and wasn’t really the film I was hoping for. Sure it had it’s moments, Yoda is always fab and ironically one of the better actors but most of the movie didn’t work for me. You hardly see the wookies (though I’m sure I saw Pat at one point!). There was just no character building or time spent on any planets to build up an atmosphere, unlike the first three films. Lastly, it was just far too easy for Anakin to turn to the dark side and ultimately Mr Vader. Remember in Empire Strikes back when you saw the AT-AT walkers loom on the horizon and march across the snow, you thought wow, those buggers are massive or you saw an Imperial star destroyer crawl across the screen and your jaw dropped? Revenge of the Sith has literally thousands of ships on screen at the beginning! Seemingly I am not alone as regards my thoughts to the movie, check out the links below.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=episode3

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=150

Oh yes, I have the first ever Star Wars comic somewhere, any offers?

No comments: