Monday, June 27, 2005

Older women

For some strange reason I’ve been taking note of the more mature ladies of the opposite sex recently. It occurred to me there’s some very well preserved dishy females out there. Just look at some of them that’s aged fantastically, there’s Sharon Stone 47 (pic above), Toyah Wilcox 45, Fern Britton 48, Honor Blackman who still looks good at a 78, though a little too old for me but she looked fab at 55.

I know there’s plenty more and I’ve just picked some of my faves or ladies that have worn well but I’m amazed just how well the fairer sex seem to age well these days and remain incredibly sexy, there’s just something alluring about a seductive mature older woman, its not all down to looks either, its presence, grace, sophistication and loads of other things.

Anyway I’m off down the local bingo hall to see what I can pick up.

Why are you all looking at me funny???

2 comments:

pat said...

i fell in love with sharon stone many many years ago.
(and i must have been the only person in the world to miss the muff shot in the cinema, the reason why i was transfixed by her face).
sharon is one of the current crop of screen goddesses. she is just so watchable in whatever she does (it also helps that she can act).

oddly everytime i see her she reminds me of my ex, though my ex was not quite so lithe as shaz they have the smile smile.

Shep said...

When Basic Instinct was released I was chief-of-staff in the big 3 screen cinema in Oxford. I was also seeing the ice-cream girl, but that's another story.

One of the 'attendants' would call me every time the infamous legs-uncrossing scene was about to happen. I would race up the stairs, and stand in front of the huge screen to watch. Then after it I would turn to Eric and say - "Call me next screening", and wander back downstairs to the foyer.

We showed the movie 3 times a day for 4 weeks. I am probably more familiar with Sharon than half the people I've been out with (apart from the ice-cream girl...oh mercy...). I still get a pang of nostalgia every time it's mentioned.

(I can also do most of the dialogue in the film...)