Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Passed

Two and a half years of hard slog and I found out this week that I have passed my intermediate counselling and psychotherapy diploma. It’s been quite a journey, one which I’ve learnt just as much about myself as I have about the psychology behind counselling. There have been emotional high’s and lows, revelations and laughter – all time well spent.
I’m not qualified to go out there and set up my own practice or anything yet (you're all safe!), that would take more years and money but for now I’m going to have a time out. I’m not leaving counselling, I just feel I need a break from it to perhaps look into other things and fulfil other plans I have at the moment. Hopefully other adventures will be just around the corner.

5 comments:

pat said...

congrats.
i have a dream that one day i will complete a course. failing that i will have studied at all the universities in london....

ems said...

Well done! Get yourself into a school and sort the kids out! They're all mad where I work.

Shep said...

It all sounds like a pilot to a primetime HBO drama...you begin all fresh-faced and Dr. Carter-like and by the end of the season full of disillusionment, bodies everywhere...oh hang on...

Of course you could go the ITV Drama Premiere route. That might be safer.

Well done anyway. Do you get letters after your name or anything?

pat said...

following on from the hbo drama idea you can have qt direct an episode or an arc.

i can also see it taking place in a large inner city comprehensive where the dr. jay character butts heads with the young idealistic new teacher ems.
he favours tough treatment to cure the ills of society, she a more caring considerate approach.
at first they fight, they squabble but then together they form a team to take on the admistrators, local authrities and the russian mafia (this will be explained in a complex subplot) all this in order to put on kill bill the musical in the school hall.
but the climax sees the musical spilling out into the streets where ems leads the kids (and parents) on a song and dance tour of the olde pubbes of london.

there is sufficient diveristy in this that you should get funding from everyone (except the russian mafia...)

yup i have had too much coffee and i am bored.

Hobbit's Journal said...

Ok, serendipity - your round first then?

Shep - no I don't get letters after my name, it's classed as an intermediate diploma.

Pat - you are indeed very mad!

ems - I think the kids in schools would mug me!