Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Tony

Goodbye Tony, I'm not sure you've been the Prime Minister I wanted but I voted for you all the same ten years ago. I can't say I've been happy with everything you've done or agreed with all your home and foreign policies but in general I guess things haven't been that dire for me personally either.

Nothing radically has improved though has it? Its all been a bit mediocre. Mortgages have gone mad with sky high prices but white goods and food are cheap, its all been a bit ying yang. The health service is still remarkable but public transport could be vastly better. There could be more jobs out there and training but instead we've let too many foreigners in instead of building a skilled workforce of our own. The prisons fill up, the corpses keep coming back from Iraq.
We have peace in Northern Ireland, we have a good economy but I worry about implications if we join the European Union.
Oh well I didn't want this to be a political rant, in fact I actually felt for you when you stood in the despatch box today and made that final speech, you're a bloke that cares about his country and a job like that can't be easy, we all make mistakes. You were still as witty and sharp in the commons today as ever, perhaps more so, and the retort to the religeous question was a classic! I do think it is now time for a change but best of luck.
Lets wait and see what Mr Brown can do!
The last prime ministers question time can be seen here

No comments: