Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Featureless

I've been meaning to post about the Market Square in Nottingham for some time now. I did do a blog some time ago about it when work was going on, and at the time I was really looking forward to the new square.
So a few weeks ago when I was in Nottingham I rushed excitedly towards the square clutching my camera expecting something that took over a year to do to be pretty damn good. I was stopped in my tracks, pure disappointment is all I can describe it as.
The old square had character, there were plenty of places to sit, gardens and water features, the new square has erm.... nothing but a water feature at one end that isn't spectacular at all.
The whole thing is barren really, great for open air events I guess but totally uninspiring.



At least I can still retire to one of my fave bars pictured below, the Pit and Pendulum which is a short stroll from the square.

No comments: