Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Cruelty

Anyone who knows me well or has read pasts blogs will know I'm not really a pet / animal person. Sure, I love watching them on nature documentaries and I'll happily make a fuss of friends pets (unless they have huge dogs).

Last night I was watching the evening news and they ran this report about the EU banning fur from countries such as China.

I found some of scenes very disturbing indeed, cats crammed in cages and being poked with sticks as they huddled together in absolute fear, a dog being led off to be slaughtered wagging its tail meekly as it did so, a last attempt to perhaps to impress its cruel masters before it was roughly chained and butchered.

I saw animals in cages in China when I was over there, I also saw this little fella wandering lost and lonely on a street in Thailand when I was last there.


It is upsetting in this day and age that animals have to suffer, like I said I'm no pet lover but it really turns my stomach to see any animal suffer.

1 comment:

fatalrazkaz said...

Nice one Jay. Couldnt watch the report myself, makes me too angry and upset, but I know the scenes it portrayed from my support of other animal organisations like IFAW and PETA. Shame you couldnt have brought the little fella back with you, would have been the most faithful friend you ever had.