Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Sacred Oak

Yesterday I was out and about in the lovely Sherwood Forest, not been that way for a good while but fancied a look at the Major Oak whilst I was there. I must say, it's still looking great. I won't amaze you with the fantastic facts about the tree - you can read them here. It's good to know we have all the wonders of the world here in the Midlands!

There's also a new series about our dear old Robin Hood starting on BBC1 next month so I believe, although it could have been a near miss as the tapes were stolen. It was filmed in Hungary which I can't understand really, probably cheaper. The cast is largely unknown but Keith Allen plays the Sherriff of Nottingam, a role I think he'll be good at.

Yorkshire has been recently doing a lot to promote Robin Hood and trying to get on the bandwagon, even naming the new airport at Doncaster after him. Ok, so there's a few Yorkshire connections but I find it odd they are beginning to promote him now after seemingly not doing that much in the past. Mr Hood must of just got about a bit but he will always be Robin of Sherwood in my book.

The Oak is now supported by scaffolding.

1 comment:

ems said...

Are you working yourself up into a Nottingham For Capital attempt again!?