Friday, September 08, 2006

Fond Memories ...

Dear Mum,

It’s been a year today since you left me. These past 12 months have been strange, a lot has happened and in the quieter more reflective moments its felt like a wilderness. I’m not going to be hypocritical and say we had an idyllic mother and son relationship because we didn’t but I know that in times of hardship we were there for each other. I know your love was unconditional despite our ups and downs. When you passed away I felt numb but also a sense of relief, you were a troubled soul and I think at times you didn’t feel you were understood, I did try but perhaps nobody really understands the illness you had. Looking back I probably could have been a better son, it’s a shame my counselling skills came along when it was too late but isn’t that the sad irony that is life?

Everyone misses you, none more than me, grief is a funny thing, when you passed away I had to be strong but now I can shed tears freely and with fond memories of better times we had.


Love always

Jay


1 comment:

Celadine said...

I don't have any words of wisdom for you on this Jay, not that I ever have. I can't imagine how you feel yet, but when it's my turn I know I will feel like a huge part of me has gone and cannot be replaced. Am thinking of you and as always ask my God for his blessings for you and your mum x