Thursday, September 07, 2006

Flat

On Monday I went to view a flat over at Newark after getting a call about it last week. I must admit to being excited as I’ve been after moving there for ages and been on council and housing association waiting lists for a good few months now.

So, heading over there Monday I had a spring in my stride when I arrived to meet the person that was showing me around. Sadly the place was nothing more than a box, hardly bigger than a bed sit and with a prison like claustrophobia feel to it. I wouldn’t have managed to fit half of my stuff in there so sadly had to decline it. There were other factors too, when I asked about trouble with tenants the housing association rep had to disclose there had been.

So I guess it was for the best and in time the ideal place will come along.

2 comments:

ems said...

That's a shame. I was lucky - we got this flat very quickly through the keyworker scheme at my last school.

Celadine said...

Hang in there matey skip, I know more than most nowadays how it feels to have to wait for the smallest of things for a long time, chin up though, it still happens that glimmer of light.