Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Hobbit on the road

Just had my first ‘official’ driving lesson and I’m a happy hobbit. I’m having lessons with BSM and was due to start yesterday, when the rather dishy female instructor turned up it seemed the car wasn’t suitable because I couldn’t push the clutch to the floor without a stretch. So, plan B was a different instructor with a more modified Vauxhall Corsa. Shame about not having the female instructor but she would have been a distraction; but my new instructor seems nice, reminds me of Homer Simpson!

The actual lesson went fine though I did hack into a couple of corners early on, later after a few more laps of the more quiet part of town I felt fine, very confident, controlled and not bothered about other cars near me. The instructor even let me get a slight lick of speed on at one point, though it was probably only relatively slow in real terms - it seemed speedy to me. The hobbit is now on the road…….. and musing why he didn’t do it years ago.

1 comment:

ems said...

I learnt with BSM but that'll have been...umm...errr...15 years ago now.

Good luck!