Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Pay Homage


Recently I was able to catch up on some unwatched dvd’s, one in particular I was dying to see was Kill Bill 2 by Quentin Tarantino (Film god and icon). I’d not seen it at the cinema for various reasons and the press I’d read had been negative. I did see a bit of it on a pirate copy at a party but the quality was dreadful, another good reason not to bother with pirate copies. So, come Christmas time I received the film as a gift and settled to watch it.

I was expecting a dire let down compared to the epic, giant, glorious and amazing Kill Bill volume one but what unfolded before my eyes was another Tarantino movie of pure genius.

For me it’s as good as the first movie but for different reasons. Sure it doesn’t have the pace of Kill Bill Vol 1 but it does have a character of its own. We get to see more of the mysterious Bill and the story is fleshed out more, that’s where the charm of this film is. Ok, so I’m biased, I love Tarantino films for so many different reasons, mainly script, characters and of course the periodic gory action. Tarantino films are just something special to me, a class of their own, I’ve lost count how many times I’ve seen Pulp Fiction. So over the last few days I’ve been watching my Tarantino dvd collection and paying homage to the great man!

Quentin – when is your next masterpiece of a movie due out?

1 comment:

pat said...

qt is to film making what cannon and ball were to comedy.
kb1 was saved by lucy liu and the 5678s
kb2 dire, dull, duff and dreadful.

ugh. reality tv and qt, what a combination.