Friday, January 07, 2005

Love it - Hate it

Celebrity Big Brother hits us again and the line up looks interesting even if the celeb’s are regarded as C-list one’s. The bookies have Bez down as 2/1 favourite but I think its early days yet. John McCririck the racing pundit from Channel 4 has the capability to wind everyone up but the predictable British public will probably vote him off first which is a shame as we need to keep the obnoxious ones in to cause contention. As I watched it into the night (on the works portable) John McCririck poured scorn on good looking girls and then upset others by saying he’d vote for Bush. Surprisingly fire starters Brigitte Nielson and Bez kept things toned down even in the small hours but I’m sure this will soon change – just add alcohol.

There’s also ‘Kenzie’ the wide eyed nineteen year old boy band teen icon (youngest ever in BB), you have to wonder if C4 have put him in just to see the vote reaction and audience base they reach, could be a clever research ploy! It’s certainly not for his interesting character and charm.
Though one of my close female friends in London probably likes Kenzie and his band ‘Blazing Squad’ because she likes obscure bands!

I had to laugh at Lisa L’Anson who stated before the show she took no nonsense and she’d least like president Bush to be in the house, when Mr McCririck vocalised his support of Bush she said … nothing.

I’m not sure who the Holby city actor is (Jeremy Edwards - who?) but he’ll be a firm favourite with the ladies because he struts about holding his bottom in and pushing his chest out! He also seems to swear a lot too, weakly trying to add to his cool streetwise persona. Germaine Greer seems diplomatic and interesting, and as tensions climbed as the group discussed politics and religion she was very diplomatic.

I’m not sure who I want to win or even if I care but at least the money raised goes to charity and that can’t be a bad thing can it?

And didn’t Davina look good in that suit? (swoon)

Big brother always exposes the worst and best in human traits and that’s why I like it.
I love it – I hate it … reality television !!!

1 comment:

pat said...

you truly are a sad hobbit.
what would bilbo think.
right i am off to prog out.