Thursday, March 10, 2005

Absence

Absence, its amazing how empty you feel when someone you care about isn’t around. There’s someone in my life that isn’t around right now and I miss them terribly. The person I’m very fond of needs a time out and I understand why but if you’re reading this then please know I do miss you and all of this seems very unnatural and empty. I know some people need time outs but I just feel I want to reach out and help, be there for them and try and to understand. I guess I just feel in a vacuum after being used to daily communication and though we all need space at times I do think this causes drifting. Ironically when that ‘special someone’ isn’t around you hear the songs that remind you of them which just brings a knot to your stomach and fond memories flooding back.

BUT

This isn’t about me, it’s about that person and wanting her to know I want to put things right, want to understand and want to carry on caring. I just truly hope she is ok and for her to know she doesn’t have to be alone – I’m always there.


On that cold day I sulked and shrugged
not knowing all you needed
was warm words
and a simple hug

Please forgive a clouded mind
and the odd selfish thought
I didn’t mean to upset you
that was never what I sought
All I ever want is to see you smile
to hear you laugh
forever walk for you
that extra mile

So please let me make amends
give it another try
because if you don’t
I’m sure my heart will die

No comments: