Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Late thought's on Early Doors

It's not very often a television programme comes along that evokes so much laughter and emotion within me but Early Doors (Monday BBC2 10pm) does so. For me it has an 'Epic' sense of genuineness, it's so real in these days of 'fast food tv'.
The program is set in a run down Manchester pub filled with all walks of life across all age groups - each character is a vital cog in a comedy engine that never eases up on the laugh's. It's not just about comedy though, it's about life itself and the trials and tribulations it brings.
The format is a simple one and the cast isn't made up of household names but this programme exudes quality, it's a jewel in a mountain of t.v trash, its programmes like this that make you content with paying the t.v licence.
Sadly this current series has ended now, it ended on a high note - it's the sort of television that makes you feel good and after watching the last episode I certainly had spring in my stride.

'To the Regiment.... I wish I was there!'

www.early-doors.com

No comments: