Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Surreal Day

A surreal day in Nottingham. It began with a Jehovahs witness trying to thrust a pamphlet into my hand as I waited for the office to open. This was met by a sharp verbal rebuke. Shortly after I caught up with gossip over a coffee.

Then entered a black guy with one lens missing from his sunglasses.

Then after a entered a guy with a dog called 'sausage'.

Then I called the chapel of rest to see about visiting my recently deceased grand mother, though this isn't surreal as such but the context of talking about dead people on the phone isn't really the norm for an average day.

Even the train journey home felt strange.

I've felt a bit detached for a while though, Gary visit is over and has gone too fast combined with the death of someone I loved dearly. I've not felt great health wise either, my body being very random indeed.

Tomorrow I am going to say a few final words of farewell and thanks to my grandmother in the chapel of rest and Friday is the funeral. Perhaps then I can focus on the days ahead, my plans and life in general.

Hopefully normal blogging will resume soon.

No comments: