Thursday, May 04, 2006

Hobbit and the City


Yesterday I had an interview down in London, I was looking forward to the day out if nothing else as I'd not been to London in over a year and I have to confess I do like it (There you go Pat, an admission). Anyway after the interview was done and dusted I had some time to kill, I was supposed to meet a friend but she let me down (you know who you are *giggle*) so I decided to have a wander. As the interview was on Oxford Street I wandered into Soho and onto Wardour Street and explored some of the small alleyways and streets off of there. A fair way down Wardour St on the corner of Meard Street I noticed a shop called 'The Hobbit' which made me smile and of course, I had to take a photo!


Then I slowly headed back to the Oxford circus tube station I passed the Paladium and had to laugh at the sign above the door 'Ol Blue Eyes is Back!', since having my eye operation alot of people have been calling me blue eyes.


I then headed up to the place I love in London the most - Camden. It was a lovely day, the sun was shining and I lounged by the canal after doing some shopping (new pair of shoes!). There's such an atmosphere and vibe about Camden, I don't know it all that well really but I'd love to explore it more, the shopping is amazing. The pictures below show Camden market and canal.


4 comments:

Orangeblossom said...

Hey there Jay - had to giggle too at the Hobbit shop and the Ol Blue Eyes signs - London is so filled with random shops and signs. Camden is my favorite place in London ever! It's just got such an array of weird and wonderful creatures and stores. Next time, go to the drumming circle in the market - loads of fun. Im taking my boss from South Africa there next weekend - just her reaction to the whole Camden vibe and energy is going to be a sights to see! Take care! Peace and safe travels, OB :)

pat said...

see london is wonderful.

The Fatalist said...

The reason you like London is because...deep down you know it's the best city in the world. You're just too stubborn a miserable northern git to admit it openly! ;-)

Hobbit's Journal said...

I do like London I readily admit it.