Thursday, January 05, 2006

Rome - finale

So, HBO’s Rome ended last night, and ended in style. This first series of episodes has been compulsive viewing in days where I don’t watch the telly too much (apart from Eurotrash and Hammer horrors etc !!).

It really has been a tele-visual revelation for me, a feast of decadent entertainment sprinkled with heaps of treachery, lashings of sex and topped with a generous portion of good old fashioned violence. The actors are amazing, the sets are so believable, the whole show has that ‘period’ feel about it, were not talking sparkling white toga’s lounging on perfect marble benches – we’re talking ‘real’.

HBO are prepping another series for 2007 after leaving this series on a knife edge (literally for Caesar) it’s left it very open for the main focal characters to move on in the corruption that is Rome !

1 comment:

MissMinxtress said...

I'm gutted that I managed to miss the last few episodes so have no idea what is going on, I'm going to have to get a copy and watch it another time.
I really did like the stuff I watched, very real-feel as you say.
And glad to hear there's going to be another series.