Monday, July 11, 2005

Manson


Several weeks ago a friend of mine was telling me how she liked to listen to Marilyn Manson and recommended an album of his called ‘Mechanical Animals’. At first I was dismissive but then after she’d worn me down a bit I relented and bought the album. I wasn’t really sure what to expect, like most people I had a stereo typical image of him in my head.

I was pleasantly surprised …

The different fusions and style of his music really wowed me, basically it kicks ass, from goth and glam style shock rock to subverse synth's, it really is an experience. Most people have this image of Marilyn Manson fans being outrageous goths or hoody kids sat in parks drinking strong cider. Ironically then that the friend that recommended him to me is a housewife in her late 40’s!

No comments: