Tuesday, April 05, 2005

They wouldn't understand it

On watching ‘Baby hit me one more time’ on (ITV, Saturday 5.45pm) I’ve concluded its best to leave 80’s class acts be instead of trying to resurrect them, the lustre soon wore off, it just didn’t work. Don’t get me wrong, love and cherish the 80’s, the finest, diverse, innovative and most trashy decade ever. Fond memories come filtering back, I was a mod, then into heavy rock, then a futurist until I finally decided I liked a bit of everything. I guess my point being that 80’s pop acts are best remembered as they were because to be honest they look a bit jaded now, except for Tiffany who looked mouth watering. Howard Jones, I love your music, I’d still buy it but please don’t appear on some reality show, it’s just not you at all mate. Lets leave the 80’s to being the 80’s, enjoy that decade for all it gave us, video’s, computers, double breasted shirts, Human League, Duran Duran, Motorhead, Madness, Frankie, Iron Maiden, Falco, Queen and all the rest. Let’s revel in the nostalgia, play the music, remember it fondly and not waste it on the youth of today – they wouldn’t understand it.

Jeez I’m getting old,

Saying all this, if the Stones announced a tour tomorrow it would be a sell out, but then again they are the Rolling Stones and their vitality in old age gives me a glimmer of hope for the future.

Anyway, I decided over the weekend what was the best 80’s song ever

Drum roll … …

Temptation by Heaven 17

No comments: