Monday, April 04, 2005

Inspiration

Well I can’t deny its been a low period in my life recently, a period of confusion and feeling down, even with my counselling training it was hard to get my head around things, each day was a struggle. I’ve been berated for being a misery guts and rightly so I guess as I’m usually cheery all the time.

If anything the last few weeks have learnt me a lot about myself, they’ve also shown me that when doors close – others open. Life is a blank book that we have a big hand in writing, sure we don’t get to write every bit of it but we do play a large role. When I feel down I always think of the Carl Rogers quote ‘If I can be all that I am then that shall be enough’.

It’s odd how songs make you see things, give you that lift and for me it was the fabled Aerosmith that gave me a song of hope and invigoration - it put the spring back in my step and at last I began to feel myself again. The song is called ‘Dream on’ and its all about moving on

Every time that I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face gettin’ clearer
The past is gone
It went by like dust to dawn
Isn’t that the way
Everybody’s got their dues in life to pay

I had myself a weekend away, well a night actually but as I boarded the train to St Pancras it felt good to be going places again and doing stuff. On returning the weather was so nice I had myself a few hours in Nottingham, so recently and wrongly branded a bad place by press and media. The last time I’d been at Nottingham was in less pleasant weather and circumstances so it was good to face the place again and confront demons from the past – then put them to rest.

You got to lose to know how to win

The weekend has really turned things around for me, made me understand myself better, I guess there’s nothing like some quality time away from home, sometimes your home is where you hide away I think.

Hoist the sails, I'm sailing back into the seas of life - and it feels good.

No comments: