Friday, July 25, 2008

One Day East of Forty (4. Travel)

Travel during the last ten years has been a real passion of mine. I think my zest came for it more so after my brief stint in Hong Kong, China and Macau. Since then I've been quite a few places but reflecting back I've always liked travel and done a fair few places in my 40 years.

My most recent trip was to Scotland, to see a close friend of mine ;-) I had a lovely time and in a few days managed to take in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dundee. I've been to Scotland before but never really managed to take much in, there certainly is a lot to see and do.

Here's some photos of the trip earlier this month.
-----


The Witchery Restaurant on the Royal mile near the castle


Coburn Street in Edinburgh, has some fantastic clothing shops


View of Edinburgh


Edinburgh Castle (it's no Newark castle though!)


Arthurs Seat in Edinburgh, a lovely place.


Some building in Glasgow, note the road traffic cone on the statues head!


Speedy Dental Repair on Dumbarton Road in Glasgow where I had my vampire teeth made, such an amazing place inside too with really friendly staff.


Below is Loch Leven and the surrounding, the clouds looked amazing on the day.





No comments: