Sunday, July 20, 2008

Six Days East of Forty (2. Relationships)

Relationships? Well during my 30’s there’s been a good few, some brief, some not so. It would be fair to say I’ve had the old heart broken a couple of times too. In my twenties relationships were few and far between, sadly it was a wasteland regarding love, fortunately my thirties changed all that, though I’ve no idea why, probably me being more mature helped! Yep, I’ve been a tart in my thirties and in some respects the internet again has helped as it put me in touch with people all over the country. When things go wrong with relationships it still hurts whatever age you are but as you get older you become wiser, dare I say it a bit mercenary and colder too.

Ironically when things have been good in relationships I’ve walked away, and when I’ve truly been in love they’ve walked away from me, but hey, women even at this age still remain unfathomable at times. Will I ever settle? I just don’t know, I do want to fall in love etc but these days it just seems even more elusive for some reason! Hopefully the future will rectify all that.

No comments: