Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Four Days East of Forty (3. Family)

Yep I missed 5 days east of forty yesterday on account I went out and got drunk, quite unplanned too, ended up back at a friends chatting and drinking wine till 4am!
Well the next thing that came to mind over the last decade was family. The last ten years has seen reconciliation, loss and in general stronger family ties. In some areas I've made a concerted effort to become closer to my family in general, though in truth my extended family on either side are distant in some respects.
I'm very close to my dad these days, not only is he my dad but also my best buddy too. He's a great guy and we have bonded over the last few years more than ever. I lost my mum a few years back, a sad loss and I wish she could be here to see me reach forty, alas she isn't but she'll be in my thoughts on Saturday.
My last remaining gran is in the twilight of her life and I hope to see her before the weekend, I find it quite touching she's still around to see my reach forty, she'll always remain an inspiration for me.
And other family members too, I've lost touch with some, especially on my dads side of the family but of late I've forged stronger relationships with those on my mothers side.

No comments: