Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hunkering Down

I guess it's that time of year where people hunker down and recover from the financial wounds of Christmas and come to terms with the dire unpredictable weather. I'm no different from anyone else, finances aren't healthy and it's just easier to stay home, nothing really seems to be happening in the current grey wide world.

I've not been doing much to be fair, just the mundane usual stuff and ticking over waiting for better weather and opportunities to come along. The new planned blog is still on the back burner, I've been looking into various hosting sites, layouts and formats. The thing is I very much want it to be right, hence the indecision and careful choice on things. I'm probably going to go with WordPress for several reasons. At first I was hesitant because though I can get a fairly cheap blog/domain name I'd noticed there were some WordPress blogs out there that weren't to my liking in appearance which did make me wonder about the quality of the templates on offer. On further investigation though I found some very nice ones and the fact I discovered I could also use WordPress on my ipad was another boon. It did occur to me to stay with Blogger and just create another blog here but that would be all too easy and I want a new challenge and a fresh look. So, things are still work in progress as I look at templates and how easy to edit with HTML or customise they are but I suspect things will happen in the near future.

In other geeky news I am thinking of toying with some movie software I've stumbled upon. Not camera recorded type movies but online gaming movies and editing. Anyway I'll give it a try and see what I can come up with, it might turn out a disaster, one can only try.

So apart from that nothing much has been happening apart from staying home, reading and online stuff. The stomach problem seems to have subsided but I think the answer to that was down to the tablets I was taking for pain relief and the fact I had been taking them for a long time. It's been sensible diet time and also a period of little alcohol intake, the driest start to any year apart from a few at the end of January.

Oh and I was told by a female friend to 'Sex my blog up a little'. Well I can only do that if there is any sex happening!

No comments: