Saturday, January 01, 2011

The Plan

So 2011 is here. The plan this month is to generally take it easy, save some cash, eat sensible and have January off the beer, maybe February too. I have some idea where I want to be by the end of the year but for the moment I am going to take it day by day. I do want to blog more, get involved more with secular humanism, read more and generally try to be a better person. It's not that I think I am a bad person but I always think there's room for improvement. That said I'm not going to take any nonsense on things either and I will fight for my ideals and what I believe in.

Last night was ok, fairly muted if I am being honest, it seems that New Years isn't what it used to be, not since the millenium anyway where pubs and clubs began to charge entrance and make a circus of it all. My local charged £5 last night and to be honest I didn't really think that was fair, seeing as I spend money in there all year around. Local band 'Booba Dust' whilst being a favourite of mine seemed a bit lost (probably because the local wasn't that busy). And whilst I like Blues I don't really think it's a music for New Years eve, something acoustic to evoke a reflective mood would have been good or something retro like some 80s songs to get people in the party mood, but hey, that's just my opinion.

No comments: