Monday, January 31, 2011

One Down

January has passed rapidly by, seemingly in the blink of an eye. I stayed off the beer as per usual until a couple of days ago but with Gary being back from Hong Kong it was inevitable I'd be back on it. I'm going to try for most of February now and deep down I am feeling the future holds less beer in it for me, I'm just not that fussed about it so much anymore.

The month has gone pretty much to plan, there's been some up and downs but generally its been the month I wanted it to be, relatively quiet. On the downside it looks like the day centre in Nottingham is getting the chop, there's also been continued problems with my eye, the boiler hasn't been properly fixed yet and my car issue isn't yet resolved.

It's also been a month of bills but I'd rather get them out of the way now whilst things are quiet.

On the good side Gary is back over briefly, I saw an old friend from Mansfield last week and had a good catch up and the local is getting some new beers in! (what did I just say about beer... erm).

The locals have been setting up this years charity fund raiser in memory of big Russ and despite some initial frustrations things are starting to bear fruit. I genuinely think many of them will get alot out of the process and organisation. It does need more work and structure but its gaining momentum and I feel the building blocks are well in place for it to be a well run regular event. I'm happy to sit on the sidelines and offer the odd nugget of advice because I think once its more for other people to be involved in and benefit from.

We also have a Nintendo Wii bowling team being formed, and being a geek I'm involved with that, we plan to play other pubs and it should be a good alternative night out.

This month has also showed me you never stop learning and I find as I get older my resolve on certain things is stronger. A recent problem with a mobile phone shop in town demonstrated this to me and I reversed a situation to my favour. I can't help feeling though that companies like car insurance and mobile phone companies are really there to rip you off to a certain extent, how else do they pay for pointless adverts on tv?

February looks to be very similar to January, quiet and restful, lots of dvds to catch up on and of course lots to do in Lord of the Rings online!

No comments: